GPS phones

SKYPE 17:25 PM 14 Jun 09

Are there any phones that have half way decent gps systems in them? I have a Nokia n95, and a O2 orbit. They both take about 10 minute to get a signal. These phones are kind of old. I hope technology has improved since 2yrs ago. I am hoping for something that can get a signal in less than 1 minute. I use gps for walking mostly.

SKYPE 15:08 PM 16 Jun 09

what do you mean flashed the radio stack

Forum Editor 23:57 PM 16 Jun 09

in around 15 seconds, often less.

click here

donki 15:56 PM 19 Jun 09

I have just bought the new iphone and its gps is cool, along with the compass :). the lock is strong and the map rotates as you face in different directions. Great toy :).

Forum Editor 11:05 AM 21 Jun 09

and for the better.

My T-Mobile G1 has superb GPS with Google maps, an amazing compass, a bar-code reader that tells you where you can buy the same item in other shops nearby, a 'night sky' applet that shows you what the stars look like in any part of the sky where you point the phone, a spirit level (you never know), and any number of gizmos that can be downloaded and installed from the Android market site.

I have unlimited fast internet access, and all my email is pushed to the phone every ten minutes. I can make notes, run my diary, be woken up, reminded, told the time anywhere on the planet, play movies, and oh yes.....make and receive calls and text messages.

I have a superb keyboard and touch screen with fingertip rolling through my contacts, call logs and emails. The phone updates its own firmware and software automatically.

All this in a device that slips easily into a shirt pocket.

dagnammit 13:50 PM 08 Jul 09

FE Great advert for the G1. :D

Quickbeam 07:59 AM 25 Aug 09

I feel wholly inadequate with my Ericsson T 20 now:(

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things