Google Play compatibility on Archos tablet

davecooper 09:53 AM 17 Jan 13

This subject may have been covered before, apologies if it has. My Archos 9G3 Android (Ice Cream Sandwhich) tablet does not support Google Play. This is a fact stated on both the manufacturer and Google Play websites. While I don't fully understand the technicalities behind this, I do know it is down to compatibility issues. My question is basically, is there likely to be a fix for this in the future? There seems to be a number of "fudges" out there but nothing sanctioned by Google Play or the manufacturer themselves. If nothing is ever likely to be available, I will not look any further and make do with the device as it is (it is actually fine for 90% of what I want it to do).

jemyclarke 08:37 AM 11 Feb 13

I think you have problem in your Archos 9G3 Android tablet because I have read that many device do not support applications. I have same problem in my Sony tablet and Google play does not work. I thin you should go on that store when you buy. Hope it will help you. My website - senua-digital.co.uk

davecooper 23:40 PM 12 Feb 13

Yes, it seems that either Google will not grant a license for Google Play on some devices or the device manufacturer will not pay for the Google Play license. I do not understand why though. Will some devices not support Google Play for some reason? Why would one Android device be different from another?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay