Google Nexus tablet very slow

BingoBoy 19:55 02 Mar 15

My google NExus tablet is very unresponsive in recent weeks to the point that I have very nearly thrown it in the bin. Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix/improve it? I regularly clear the cache and history.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 02 Mar 15

What version of android?

5.0 is slow you may need to upgrade to 5.02 to overcome known problems with the nexus tablet.

Also try these tips

BingoBoy 23:43 02 Mar 15

I will check which version but know it has updated recently. In terms of the tips I have carried out the reboot procedure not so long ago - is it something that should be carried out regularly?

BingoBoy 08:42 03 Mar 15

Tablet is operating on 5.0.2 and I have now carried out the Wipe Cache Partition procedure again. Seems to have improve for now but a bit sceptical based on how it ground to a halt recently after carrying out the same procedure a while back. Thanks for the link though - will keep it to hand. Technology does drive me mad. Can't believe a system upgrade can render a perfectly good piece of kit useless.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:12 03 Mar 15

Certainly can ask the Ipad users about their latest upgrade :0)

muddypaws 22:18 06 Mar 15

BingoBoy

Yes 5.02 has been a nightmare on my 2012 also.. Tried numerous cures, but not yet the one in Fruit Bat /\0/\ 's link above.

Will try that tomorrow.

muddypaws 12:58 09 Mar 15

BingoBoy

Fruit Bat /\0/\

That link has certainly given my N7 a new lease of life. Been Ok for two days now. So thanks..

BingoBoy 13:31 09 Mar 15

HAving carried out that procedure a couple of times it does work but even now the performance is back to being extremely sluggish. Annoys the carp out of me how they can screw things up like this.

muddypaws 09:18 10 Mar 15

BingoBoy

I agree with your last sentence. Strange, but having spent some considerable time on the Android Forums, I never found that procedure mentioned.

muddypaws 10:42 13 Mar 15

BingoBoy

I see that there is an update from 5.02 to Android 5.1 today. Gone for it. We shall see if there is any improvement. I did the system cache delete afterwards.

muddypaws 16:55 17 Mar 15

As per Android Forums I have uninstalled Facebook and N7 is flying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…