Goodmans freeview recorder

BakingDiva 10 Apr 12

Is it possible to change the time on freeview, as the time on mine seems to be wrong?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11 Apr 12

these things tend to get the time from the aerial signal

how far out is it? 1 hour?

BakingDiva 12 Apr 12

Only by a few minutes

natdoor 19 Apr 12

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ has stated, STBs and the like set their clocks from transmitted signals. It is possibble, however, that once set the clock is updated from an internal oscillator which will depart from true time over a period. If that applies and if you keep your box permanently on standby or supplied with mains power, it might be worth disconnecting from the mains for a while. On reconnecting the clock should then be updated from transmitted time. I assume that a factory reset would do the same.

john bunyan 19 Apr 12

On my Panasonic DVD recorder, when you retune (eg when the analogue signal is switched off) for some reason the auto detect of time switches off. In the menu - one of the sub folders of the set up menu - there is the option to turn on the auto detect of time. Not sure if this applies to your machine.I only found this out when it recorded the wrong programme after a retune (we have had 3 of these in my area recently)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message