Good offer?? - Olympus F480 for 99 quid.

lisa02 13:47 22 Oct 07

Boots are doing an 1/2price offer on this camera which ends on 25th. Usually £199 now £99

Free case with it too...

I had a look today and it's a great compact camera.

Website is out of stock click here but the store I was in today had plenty.

PS. I do not work for Boots and I hope this is of use to someone.

Stuartli 18:39 22 Oct 07

Olympus make excellent cameras - in fact they have for decades.

Certainly this example seems an excellent buy, although the apparent lack of a viewfinder would personally put me off; sadly, fewer and fewer digital cameras have viewfinders these days.

jack 20:22 22 Oct 07

Agree Stuartli - Same with Fuji- which Lisa is referring to. See the link

amonra 20:22 22 Oct 07

A digital camera without a viewfinder on a sunny day is an absolute pain in the **** ! It may be a bargain but think carefully before buying.

natdoor 20:25 22 Oct 07

Having looked at the website, it seems that the F480 is a Fuji. There is an Olympus FE-280 on offer at "half price" for £149.99 but available elsewhere for £120.

I have seen the list price for the Fuji given as £135 elsewhere but £99 is a good price, although click here
shows that it can be got for less.

lisa02 09:46 23 Oct 07

Doh!

Yes it's a Fuji that I'm referring to. In my defence I also looked at the Olympus on offer that day.

Ticked.

Stuartli 11:58 23 Oct 07

It might well be my mistake - an Olympus is also mentioned.

But the same comment goes for Fuji who, to its credit, was the first Japanese company to recognise the impact that digital photography would have on its business, despite the fact it produced many, many thousands of films for photographers.

Stuartli 11:59 23 Oct 07

If I remember correctly, Fuji had a link with Leica on the joint design and production of digital cameras some time before Panasonic.

lisa02 15:50 23 Oct 07

I'm favourable with Canon at the minute myself, not many P&S cameras come equipped with their features ( Inc. the old-fashioned viewfinder ;) ) and manual controls.

Me and the other half are exploring photography and he wants to buy a DSLR after Christmas. Seems a big investment for a new hobby IMO but anyway.

Lisa.

Stuartli 16:49 23 Oct 07

My youngest offspring has the Canon A710IS - superb camera and, as you say, with an excellent viewfinder..:-)

Let your other half buy a DSLR; I keep looking longly at the various models, but they seem so tiny compared to my Ashai Pentax Spotmatic and Nikon F401 body/Tamron 28-200mm AF zoom.

Stuartli 09:57 24 Oct 07

Further to lisa02's link to the Fuji F480 digital camera, we've just had a Boots flyer delivered with the local paper.

It lists it as being reduced from £199.99 to £129.99 instore rather than £99.99, whilst the Olympus FE-280 shown in the same link is unchanged at £149.99.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…