Good insurance for mobile? (cheap-ish?)

Loracthims 21:11 PM 08 Jun 09

Hi there. After 9 years with the same old PAYG mobile, I now have a contract phone (Nokia 5800 Music Express) from mobiles.co.uk. Their insurance for it is extra £7.99 per month. Want to try to get it cheaper but can anyone advise on a 'decent' insurance provider? (if there is such a thing?).

Thanks.

Carol

birdface 10:14 AM 09 Jun 09

It is not that hard to work out.You have had your phone for 9 years without loosing it.
You get a 1 year warranty with all new phones.So they are going to charge you £96 for the first year while it is under warranty.
Cheaper putting it to a new phone.Ignore the Insurance. But I suppose thats when sods law kicks in and you loose it or drop it after the first week.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:08 AM 15 Jun 09

Your contents insurance should cover mobile phones.

G

Strawballs 03:58 AM 29 Jul 09

My son dropped his IPhone at the gym his phone insurance did not want to know but our contents insurance paid out on it.

dagnammit 12:11 PM 29 Jul 09

Nokia have a 2 year warranty on their phones.

You also have to factor that a 5800 is currently only worth £199 to buy outright.

dagnammit 12:13 PM 29 Jul 09

Iphone is around £450 to £550, as is most N range phones for example... these I would ensure I had protection on but not for a 5800, especially at £7.99 per month.

mehim 08:56 AM 09 Aug 09

With Lloyds TSB if you pay their monthly fee for an upgraded account you get 2 phones insured free, as well as Sentinel card cover, travel insurance, AA and more. This is not an advert for Lloyds but perhaps you bank does similar. Think I pay £17 a month, which more or less covers your payments for 2 phones. Also includes misusage. Hope this helps.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things