Good book about Digital Photography ?

freaky 13:44 31 May 07

Just ordered a new Digital Camera, and would like to improve my knowledge on this subject.

Any suggestions please ?

Stuartli 13:57 31 May 07

Nip down to your local library and, if it's as good as mine, you'll find several books on the subject, plus about 200 books on all aspects of computers.

Pamy 14:30 31 May 07

How about magazines, plenty of them

hssutton 14:40 31 May 07

There's a wealth of information on the web. just google for it, but as a starter have a look here click here

BrianW 13:35 04 Jun 07

try this one (via your library if you don't want it on your shelf) click here

and also have a look at click here, probably the best photographic resource around

freaky 15:40 04 Jun 07

I will wait until the camera arrives on Thursday and see how informative the manual is.

The link's look OK, but I would prefer to have a book to study rather than use the PC.

^wave^ 17:16 08 Jun 07

what i do is take lots of pictures at various settings and places remember digital is cheap down load and look athem your viewer should tell you the settings used. you can then adjust as you feel. books can tell you a lot theres no substitue for doing and seeing the results.

freaky 18:07 08 Jun 07

My new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 arrived this afternoon, so will start studying the comprehensive manual.

As you say it's a matter of 'practise makes perfect!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…