Glaringly unobvious views!!

hatrickj 07:27 23 Apr 07

With my Olympus C750UZ I have always prefrred to use the electronic viewfinder, so when I bought my wife ( she chose)a small digi, I had not thought much about LCD screens. They seem to have a major problem; in bright sunlight the glare from the sun makes them almost totally useless for framing a picture. Can members recommened any ways around the problem, please?

BT 08:42 23 Apr 07

Have a look here.

click here=

jack 17:05 24 Apr 07

or here
click here

hatrickj 07:08 26 Aug 07

Sorry to not respond such a long time, folks!

We bought a screen, but TBH it did not make that much difference. Later I read that the camera's screen is not anti-reflection/glare coated. I'm wondering, if it is possible to coat it. Any thoughts on that, please?

jack 10:54 26 Aug 07

Jessops sell LCD screen protector film
Comes in packs and is cut to suit the screen
like extra thick Sellotape - you could give that a go or perchance there is a non reflective version

amonra 16:04 26 Aug 07

A friend of mine bought a Sony camera a few months ago. Wonderful pictures, wonderful performance, but almost totally useless in sunlight ! What is missing is an optical viewfinder.
She has tried a hood, a bellows, anti-glare screens, you name it, she has tried it. All to no avail. She has recently bought an SLR as a replacement and put it down to experience. I think she will use the Sony purely for winter photography.

rdave13 22:01 26 Aug 07

Had the same problem with a polaroid 3.2 meg pixel camera. LCD screen impossible to view in strong sunlight.
Solution was to cut center cardboard roll of a toilet paper roll to about two inches long. This can be held by the left hand that holds the camera. Obviously experiment with the length that will suit you. Cover the screen with this roll using thumb and forefinger and it really works.:)

^wave^ 08:27 28 Aug 07

looking at some of the reviews makers like olympus have bright screen tecnology but it looks like you can either use them in sunlight or not. one reason i got a canon a640 it has a view finder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…