Getting Sky Box to work through theatre system

Hullite 13:00 18 Aug 06

I have recently installed a home projector into my living room connected to my dvd home theatre system (Make sony dav-dz100) its great when watching movies however the problem occurs when i watch sky. I am unable to get theatre sound on sky tv.The connections are very limited on the back of this theatre system. I currently have a scart connection running directly to my projector. And then a scart connection from by Sky hd box to my TV. I am sure there is a simple solution to this problem can any one offer a solution. Thanks in advance

DieSse 14:31 18 Aug 06

According to here click here it's got audio inputs.

However it all depends whether it can decode surround sound when used with these inputs.

You would need a SCART lead with audio breakout cables, which are readily available.

Of course this is a Canadian Sony site - and it's possible the UK version doesn't have the audio input.

Hullite 16:01 18 Aug 06

Yep the sky box is a HD box just got it today.

DieSse 17:48 18 Aug 06

And the only Dolby Digital output from a Sky+ box is via the optical cable, if it's DD that you want.

Hullite 18:34 18 Aug 06

The sky box is connected to my TV via HDMI, its not the picture I am bothered about just sound.Is there some kind ofscart doubler or something of that ilk that would suffice

Hullite 21:17 18 Aug 06

No there is only the one output. I suppose my only choice would be to wire it through my stereo system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…