Galaxy S3 and Google Chrome

dazzawm 11:56 AM 07 Sep 12

I started using google chrome on my S3 and wanted to set up a homepage. In the "Help" section it says to do this you need to "Click on the Wrench button on the toolbar and add a home button to the toolbar"

How do I find this wrench? I've looked under settings and I can't seem to adjust/move edit any buttons on the toolbar.

How do I find this wrench button to adjust the toolbar/home page/buttons?

D@ve 13:56 PM 07 Sep 12

The instructions you're reading appear to be for the desktop version of Chrome. I'm using Chrome on my Android device now and I can see no way of setting a home page. That said, the way browsers work on a mobile is a bit different anyway - they tend to minimise rather than close when not in use, so when you do open them it'll be as you left it. I think the best way of achieving something like a home page is to set it as a bookmark, then once you click New Tab there'll be an icon for that website that you can tap.

Woolwell 21:45 PM 08 Sep 12

Does this help? Google Mobile help

Woolwell 21:47 PM 08 Sep 12

Sorry but I don't think that will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016