galaxy s3 battery

sunnystaines 09:37 30 Oct 13

suddenly not lasting so long, just over a year old. charged it up to 100% at bedtime then this morning it had dropped to 51% normaly lasts several days.

the phone is on a 2 year monthly contract will that cover battery replacement.

sunnystaines 08:43 31 Oct 13

also a lot slower to charge up too.

sunnystaines 20:00 31 Oct 13

Jock1e

phone and battery had been first class till a few days ago, got to find a samsung service centre for a free exchange.

sunnystaines 10:40 01 Nov 13

Jock1e

thank you for the link.

sunnystaines 16:45 03 Nov 13

replacements on amazon £5, will ring samsung to see if they can post a replacement. battery at 100% charge on standby now only lasts 5 hours now going downhill quickly. seems net is full of forgery ones for sale.

sunnystaines 19:24 03 Nov 13

samsung replied their batteries only guarenteed for just 6 months can't believe they dont expect them to last much longer than that. the phone is first class why put a crap battery in it.

compumac 11:59 11 Nov 13

sunnystaines

I had a Galaxy S3 and have moved on to a Galaxy S4. I never had a problem with this battery or the original battery. I have a S3 spare battery and charging dock purchased from Amazon - now surplus to my needs.(Gratis) Interested

compumac 12:00 11 Nov 13

sunnystaines

I had a Galaxy S3 and have moved on to a Galaxy S4. I never had a problem with this battery or the original battery. I have a S3 spare battery and charging dock purchased from Amazon - now surplus to my needs.(Gratis) Interested?

sunnystaines 13:26 11 Nov 13

compumac

thankyou for the offer, the replacement amazon battery for £5 is working but not 100% it charges quickly, but the battery although lasts a lot longer than the failing one it is still not like when the phone was working correctly, also the green charging light comes on at 93% instead of 100% which i thought odd. I will decline the offer for now while i wait to see how the amazon battery goes.

thank you for the offer,10 months to go till end of contract.

compumac 13:32 11 Nov 13

sunnystaines

OK, let me know if you change your mind.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Best Mac security tips: 11 maximum security tricks to keep your Mac safe