Full HD and HD ready televisions

ukthesis 12:06 PM 08 Jan 11

What's the difference between a full HD television and a HD ready television?

And can I use by PVR machine, that is not for HD, with an HD ready or full HD television?

john bunyan 12:18 PM 08 Jan 11

Have a read here:
click here

If you rely on Freeview or Freesat, there is a roll out programme for HD broadcasts. In my area Freeview Hd is not expected until next year. If you dont have Sky+ then the main source of true HD would be via a blue ray player, and as I am not a keen modern film watcher, HD for me is some way ahead. Also with a really good TV (I have a Pioneer and a panasonic) the difference is difficult to detect unless the screen size is over 32" or 37". Your PVR is OK

john bunyan 12:20 PM 08 Jan 11

PS some TV's have a Freeview and /or a Freesat tuner built in. Without one you will need a HD set top box when freeview Hd comes to your area.

john bunyan 12:23 PM 08 Jan 11

Also see here:
click here

john bunyan 12:24 PM 08 Jan 11

You seem to have two similar threads running.

ukthesis 12:48 PM 08 Jan 11

Because of the size of my room, I can only get a new television of about 25 inches screen width. So really the difference in viewing quality with that screen size between HD and non-HD is small? (I have seen a friend's HD set, and it's a bit bigger, but to be honest I really didn't see a lot of difference.)

And saving my non-HD PVR machine is fine, whether it's a full HD, HD ready or non-HD television I want to buy?

john bunyan 15:45 PM 08 Jan 11

For that size I think the difference is small. I would go for a good make though, Like Panasonic or Samsung.

Graham. 23:47 PM 25 Jan 11

'Full HD' is generally referred to as 1080p (or vice versa) click here

Kevscar1 08:04 AM 26 Jan 11

Had sky hd for a year really couldn't see any difference so stopped it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…