Fuji S5600 or S7000

GuZ><0r 20:41 14 Oct 05

I want a new digital camera but I do not know which of these two to go for. Is it worth the extra £80 or so for the S7000. What extras would I get with it. Would someone be able to advice me.

Thanks in advance

cycoze 22:34 29 Oct 05

GuZ><0r , the S7000 is a superb camera looks good feels well made and strong, it`s 6.3mp can be doubled to a 12mp although this is done with interpolation and gives a larger image size, it has 6X optical zoom, i personally dont think digital zoom is worth mentioning, it is fairly fast to startup and with fresh batteries saves images quickly, ISO up to 800.

The S5600 is also a super camera still looks good although the body feels a tad more plastic compared to the S7000, 5.1mp but this time with a 10X optical zoom, unlike the 7000 the zoom is operated manually saving on startup time along with battery use, it is ready to shoot very quickly, ISO up to 1600, it also has a 5th generation sensor compared to the 7000`s 4th.

Both have movie mode and voice/memo ability, both similar screens etc.

Although the S5600 is slightly less in the mp department i personally think it is worth looking at, but the best advice is to get yourself off to a camera shop and ask to have a look at them both, Jessops would be a good place to start.

Multi page reviews found click here and click here .

De Marcus™ 23:23 29 Oct 05

That's sound advice from cycoze, I've used both camera's and also a s5000 (older but very capable) model. I couldn't have put it better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…