Freeview retune

simonjary 10:43 AM 01 Oct 09

Freeview users had to retune their settop boxes yesterday and there have been complaints of lost channels, crashing websites, etc.

click here

ANyone on the forum have problems retuning Freeview or know of anyone who did? Or was it all a breeze?

mimosa418 10:44 AM 01 Oct 09

Retuned three sets without a hitch.
Just the same as a first time set up.

oldbeefer2 10:53 AM 01 Oct 09

Did a 'new installation' on my two with no probs.

birdface 10:54 AM 01 Oct 09

Tried to upgrade mine yesterday it took a while but said that there were no upgrades available.
That suits me after hearing that we would probably loose ITV 3 and 4 I will not be trying again and will leave it the way it is.
Maybe they should have told us that this was liable to happen.A bit of a shambles I think.

Stuartli 11:09 AM 01 Oct 09

It's the relay transmitters which will not be carrying ITV3 and ITV4 in some cases. See:

click here

for full details of the changes.

Quiller. 11:11 AM 01 Oct 09

well.

freeview built into the tv.

chub_tor 11:12 AM 01 Oct 09

Re-tuned 2 digital TVs and one Freeview box with no problem.

birdface 11:16 AM 01 Oct 09

Makes you laugh.Only 1% of set top boxes will no longer work a spokeswoman said.But watching on the news yesteday it amounts to a staggering 24.000 or more Boxes that will no longer work.

oldbeefer2 11:19 AM 01 Oct 09

It wasn't an upgrade but a full retune that was required - quote from the freeview site "Because of the nature of the changes it is important to perform a full retune which will delete the existing channel line up and other settings from your box. Please check the instructions for your equipment."

Debe 11:26 AM 01 Oct 09

No probs retuning but now ITV 3 picture freezes whilst sound carries on.
Never liked Channel 5 or wanted to watch it so disappointed that a channel that I watched regularly is now useless in exchange for one I didn't watch in the first place !!

dms_05 11:38 AM 01 Oct 09

Couldn't receive Freeview before the change and still can't view it after the change and analogue switch off occurs here very soon.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Lexus hoverboard film shows skater Ross McGouran doing tricks on it

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…