Freeview Radio and Bravia

GRFT 09:05 27 Feb 07

Previous to buying a Bravia I used to listen to radio quite a lot via my Sony Freeview Box, which was hooked up to the stereo; but since dispensing with this and now having a Freeview Digital TV it's now something of a problem.

I now find, of course, that the TV must now be switched on to listen to the radio, which is very wasteful; the screen can be switched off, but every time you switch channels the screen is on again and you have to go through the rigmarole of three or four menus to switch it off again.

I'm thinking of buying another Freeview box in order to fix this nuisance. Has anyone any other ideas?

Stuartli 19:09 27 Feb 07

You have to have a TV set switched on to listen to Freeview radio channels, whether it's an integrated tuner or set top box.

Most radio stations now have a screensaver type display to protect the TV set's screen.

GRFT 08:47 01 Mar 07

Thank you.I'll see how it goes with tha; but it seems that a digital TV isn't quite so flexible, even if it means an extra box.

Stuartli 10:35 01 Mar 07

You could buy a Freeview TV PCI card or USB stick for your computer and listen to the radio channels that way.

You don't have to have the monitor on for the radio side.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced