freeview picture jamming problem

shwinglow 21:31 PM 19 Jul 10

i have recently bought a freeview box, but when i have other appliences running ie: kettle/juicer even this computer the tv picture keeps sticking, it doesn't happen if i am just watching tv or watching tv through my video recorder, only when i switch over to my freeview box, anybody got any idea's of what might be causing it and more importantly how can i get it sorted - thanks in advance to any solutions you can send me - trev

jack 09:06 AM 20 Jul 10

From what you report it seems the 'box' is sensitive to voltage spikes- more so than TV and computer.
Invest and an anti surge connector strip available in all electrical outlets.
connect all the 'viewing' devices to it, Free View Box,Recorder, TV

Arnie 15:22 PM 21 Jul 10

If after trying jack’s suggestion with no improvement, please check the following.

Try another SCART lead.

Check the routing of the mains lead to the Freeview box. Is it close to the SCART lead?

If the box uses a plug-in power supply unit, it could also be faulty because of poor filtering.

If you are still having problems, I would try another box. You may be able to borrow one from a friend.
Make sure your friend’s box is tuned to the same transmitter as your box; otherwise a box rescan will be necessary!

Finally: Remember a surge filter strip will rely on having a good quality earth on the wall socket into which it is plugged.

Arnie 15:33 PM 21 Jul 10

Have you checked your signal strength?
Normally the box should have a built-in signal strength monitor bar.

Some boxes are more sensitive than others.

onthelimit 11:15 AM 22 Jul 10

I'm with Arnie - had problems with chaep boxes freezing/pixillating (even though from a quality aerial).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…