Freeview ITV2 problems

Roy* 10:30 27 Sep 07

For several weeks now we've not been able to receive ITV2 signal on our Freeview TV all overs are OK (ITV3, ITV2+1 etc).

Has anybody else had this problem? I'm in South Northants (NN13).

anchor 11:24 27 Sep 07

Working fine here in London on Freeview channel 6.

You need to check which transmitter serves your area, and discover if it is having problems. It seems strange that the problem would persist for several weeks, and only on one channel.

I would enquire at a local TV store and see if all is OK with them.

john bunyan 11:34 27 Sep 07

Roy* Yes. I think e4+1 has something to do with it. Suggesy you go ro menu and do a new automatic retune and it should re appear.

Roy* 11:48 27 Sep 07

OK thanks

rambus 12:38 27 Sep 07

same problem here on The Wirral. Will try what john bunyan suggests.

Esc4p3 12:41 27 Sep 07

If you need it, a couple of additional steps over a simple re-scan see click here

Hope this helps

Roy* 15:38 27 Sep 07

That's reassuring thanks

Stuartli 18:13 27 Sep 07

There were two Freeview software updates yesterday alone and another is scheduled for early October as some BBC radio channels will have to be retuned.

Roy* 19:24 27 Sep 07

Can get ITV2 now but for some reason have to go to guide to change channel. If you select channel number or Programme up/down on the remote it doesn't change the channel but does display the channel info in the info box at the bottom of the screen?

TV=Panasonic TX-32LXD52 (2005)

Terry Brown 21:12 27 Sep 07

I had a problem with getting clear pictures on some digital channels (breaking up), and I bought a signal booster from ASDA (about £5), , it made a big difference and I can now get all channels.Terry

Roy* 09:47 28 Sep 07

For some reason it seemed to sort itself out in that the remote now works to change channel so You don't have to use the guide. the retune did the trick for ITV2 although my wife thought it a bit of a coincidence that we've managed all these weeks without ITV2 and suddenly the night that Billie Pipers call girl thing was on it was fixed??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…