Freeview HD

dms_05 09:39 19 Nov 09

Freeview HD will become available in selected areas from Dec 2 this year. However the equipment able to receive HD won't be available until some months later, which is a pity as many have eagerly awaited the arrival of terrestrial HD. Full story click here

oresome 13:53 19 Nov 09

March 2010 for my area.
There might be some HD STBs available by then.

I've just purchased a new TV and simplified the operation by the fact it includes a digital tuner. Now I'm going to back to a STB and another remote if I adopt HD.

dms_05 14:47 19 Nov 09

It would be interesting to know if the first offerings will be STB's or will they include dual tuner PVR's. If sales of equipment for Freesat are any indicator (and they may not be) then PVR's will be in demand right from the start. I also wonder if the Humax Freesat PVR at £250'ish is a good indicator of likely pricing for the equivalent DTT model.

However many Freeview users have used VHS for recording and may not be as aware as satellite users of the great advantage in PQ to be obtained from PVR's.

Pity DTT HD will miss the 'Christmas gadget' bonanza sales period and so won't have the twin launches of Christmas and a second boost with the World Cup 6 months later. But it's good to see the format is at last almost upon us.

Graham. 15:12 14 Dec 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…