FreeSat & regions

2neat 16:23 09 Aug 09

Hi, I am considering getting a Panasonic TX-P42V10. This has onboard a freeSat receiver. I will place this into my existing Sky LNB as I have one spare port left. I live in Harrogate and would prefer to get regional programs, adverts (;-))etc. Can a freeSat receiver be tuned on EPG to select the channels for your region?
Regards

Stuartli 18:02 09 Aug 09

Yes. It's done using your post code. See:

click here

natdoor 18:02 09 Aug 09

It would appear that you can get local regional Tv and also non-local regions too. Click here click here

2neat 20:34 09 Aug 09

Thanks, this is good news. Its a right faff with Sky to get Yorkshire TV instead of Tyne Tees.
I have to select Services, Other channels, PIN number then select saved channel :-( Would be nice to just select from EPG and press ok!

Jim Thing 21:53 09 Aug 09

Yes it's definitely possible, as Stuartli says. I live in N. Ireland but I like to see the local news on BBC North West (don't ask), so I entered a Preston postcode.

You can also choose any other region 'on demand' by selecting 'non-Freesat Channels' in the menu, but non-Freesat channels aren't listed in the EPG.

Jim Thing 21:59 09 Aug 09

Sorry — I should have mentioned that I use the Humax Foxsat box. I don't know whether non-Freesat channels are available on any other box.

Stuartli 22:26 09 Aug 09
  Jim Thing 09:56 10 Aug 09

Thanks for the link. Here in N.I. I watch NW Tonight regularly, thanks to the Preston postcode.

Stuartli 10:31 10 Aug 09

Any PR post code would suffice - they cover a wide area...:-)

dms_05 11:40 14 Aug 09

Quote "Its a right faff with Sky to get Yorkshire TV instead of Tyne Tees." Which means you have a Sky Card with an address in the Tyne Tees TV area. Harrogate is clearly YTV and a call to Sky will solve the problem by changing the address. Works the same as Freesat (ie on Post Codes).

2neat 15:44 14 Aug 09

at one time we did get YTV as default, but people north of HGT must have complained to SKY and they changed it to TT. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…