Freesat

oldnovice 09:45 21 Nov 09

There are more tvs with built-in freesat now are these built-in units as good as humax recievers or would i be better off buying seperate.
Thanks

David4637 10:01 21 Nov 09

You mean Freeview NOT freesat? David

oldnovice 10:12 21 Nov 09

no freesat with sat dish

Pamy 11:25 21 Nov 09

the built in is just a tuner that lets you recieve the transmission. Humax do the same but have additional features such as recording.

oldnovice 11:46 21 Nov 09

is there anyway of telling if the tuner unit in the tv is good spec because the standalone units have a wide quality range or would i be better off buying a good quality standalone unit all advice appreciated.
Thanks

Pamy 12:10 21 Nov 09

Did you ever question how good the tuner was in your old anologue TV? This is Just the same situation. Buy a reputable make

oldnovice 17:24 21 Nov 09

thank-you for advice given will tick as resolved

jack 10:39 22 Nov 09

The Freesat tuner will operate a single channel.
That is tune to a channel and watch it
If you need to record another- then you need not only another tuner/box but a mod to the LNB[ the bit in the dish]
I discovered with when having ordered a HumaxBox' then swapped it within days for box and recorder, the install guys had also to 'mod' the dish bit.

So on that score get the Freesat TV by all means you will still need a box/recorder to record other than the station being watched.
A typical Freesat/recorder box has two tuners each connected by its own line to the dual LNB set up in the dish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…