Freecom DVB-T USB stick capture failure

longwhatton34 19:48 07 Jun 06

I recently bought a Freecom DVB-T SUB stick for viewing Freeview TV channels on my laptop. This was fine the first time but then I restarted the laptop and it wanted reinstalling. I did this and it was fine again. However, the next time I started the computer, it didn't recognise the USB stick and the power indicator on it did not light up. The error message said 'capture device failure'. I have tried several ways of installing it, but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks

Jimmy14 20:53 07 Jun 06

I have the same usb stick. Did you already know that once you have installed the freecom dvb stick the usb port that it is in when its getting installed is the usb port it has to go every time after the installation so you can use it.

longwhatton34 19:25 08 Jun 06

Thanks, I didn't know that but it doesn't work whichever of the 4 USB ports it is plugged into. I wish I had paid a bit more and got a WinTV stick instead.

Jimmy14 20:20 08 Jun 06

When did you buy it and were from?

longwhatton34 20:29 08 Jun 06

I bought it new last week via Ebay from click here, who I have also asked if they have any ideas about how to sort it out but as yet have received no reply.

Jimmy14 20:32 08 Jun 06

Well why not ask for a refund from the seller as its faulty and if that doesnt work then contact Freecoms techincal support to guide you through trying to get the dvb-t stick to work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…