Freecom DVB-T Stick USB 2.0 - Jerky Playback

Bailey08787 11:20 09 Dec 05

I have the above Freeview Tv Tuner. It works fine and the image is sharp enough.

I've been using it for the past few weeks to record my beloved Match of The Day on Saturday nights whilst I'm out chasing the ladies.

However when I come to play it back the next day, the playback is jerky. Not really jerky - but not smooth.

It's kind of like watching one of those old animations made by someone flicking lots of pages very quickly.

Anybody know how I can sort this out?

PaulB2005 11:42 09 Dec 05

What specification is your PC?

Bailey08787 17:48 09 Dec 05

its a decent pc

xp pro
AMD 3500+
1gb ram
6600 nvidia GT card

PaulB2005 08:33 10 Dec 05

Simalar spec to mine. What are you playing it back through? the Freecom TV software or Windows Media Player?

Bailey08787 13:55 13 Dec 05

windows media player

steve0 09:57 15 Dec 05

Sorry to jump in to this thread with a slightly diff problem with the same card.

Don't use windows media player - the files that the stick writes are not standard mpeg ones. If you use the player within the freecom program it will work fine. Better still is to open the file in Power dvd or win dvd - both give perfect playback.

Anyhow my problem: I cannot get a smooth tv picture with the card on my dell inspiron 5150 laptop - sound breaks up and it is very jerky. Works perfectly on my desktop machine which has a slower processor than the laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…