Freecom DVB-T Stick audio formats

dave2010 14:06 03 Jan 06

I have recently acquired one of these Freecom DVB-T Stick devices. When it's working its great!

I particularly want to know how to extract the audio, as it seems that the .mpg files created with this device are not very compatible with other software. I assumed that they would be .mp2 files, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I could obviously use a tools such as Total Recorder or Audacity to play the soundtracks (or radio channels) and do the recording that way, but I'd much prefer to simply load the audio into a standard audio player, such as Winamp. That might require a codec I don't know about, or a conversion program which hopefully will work faster than real time.

Has anyone else figured out the audio for this device yet? Advice on codecs and/or conversion programs will be gratefully received.

Dave

smurfling 19:53 04 Jan 06

I have this little gadget and record some radio progs to disc to play in the car, I use ulead4 which converts and records automatically but you will have to buy it, I also use this little freebie and find it is very good click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…