Free View watchers - something is a foot

jack 14:23 13 Oct 05

Buried In a topic on the Digital World forum one of our regulars Stuartli told us about big changes in Freeview due from next Tuesday A retune will be required for all

See click here click here
click here

De Marcus? 17:01 27 Oct 05

Lots more channels, very little to watch ;-)

jack 19:31 27 Oct 05

De Marcus you are so right!
However there is a puzzle of a techical nature, which is causing not a little head scratch, it is this.
Sky watchers are connected by phone and a 'credit card' so that if they need to watch a movie or 'extra fee'channels- a phine call activates their box to decrypt program of choice. Freeview 'Top up'buy a card- these are two thing I can conprehend.
However, the new line up includes two 'adult channels'for which no card or sign up is required. A potential viewer simply has to phone an 0870 number pass on credit card detail- and they are off- The puzzle then is ,how is this achieved with no contact by phone or card?

De Marcus 19:42 27 Oct 05

I presume your given a key/code/pin to press on the keypad to decrypt the channel which is then probably charged for on your telephone bill?

Stuartli 21:29 27 Oct 05

It would presumably be charged to your credit card to which Jack refers.

Freeview has a parental facility using a four-figure number of your choice and presumably these TV channels use a similar facility.

jack 22:28 27 Oct 05

All very mysterious -and as far as I am concerned long may they remain so

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…