Free view box

mike40 09:11 17 Sep 08

Hi All

I know this might sound like a daft question but does anybody know if you can attached a free view box to a TV that does not have a scart socket.

Thanks

oresome 09:56 17 Sep 08

You need to search out a digibox with an RF modulator that feeds the signal to the TV via the aerial lead.

mike40 10:00 17 Sep 08

Hi oresome.

The reason I ask this is the Sony 14 TV in the kitchen is quiet old but still gives and excellent picture. I am a bit loath to put in a land fill site if it is possible to use a freeview box. I will have a search for one with an RF modulator and see if it is cost effective.

Many thanks

jack 10:38 17 Sep 08

Were RF linked with a mess of splitters and connectors.
Even if you found a used specimen chances are the chip is not the current one[recent posts on some models that have stopped working spell this out

click here

mike40 10:55 17 Sep 08

Hi Jack

thanks for that. I thought I was clutching at straws, but it was worth a try. I see from other forums which can be accessed through Google several people have inquired about this without a great deal of success.

Many thanks

natdoor 12:05 17 Sep 08

A few STBs with RF modulators are available. An example is the Humax F2FOXT, hich cost £50 ans is available from Amazon and John Lewis. Alteratively, it is possible to buy an RF modulator which can be used to connect an STB with only Scart outputs to a TV without one.

mike40 17:00 17 Sep 08

Hi natdoor

Thanks for that I will look into it as it may well be the answer.
Mike

rodriguez 18:09 17 Sep 08

Or if you have an old VCR you can plug the Freeview box into the VCR's Scart socket then plug the VCR into the TV with the RF lead and tune the TV to that.

mike40 09:00 18 Sep 08

Thanks rodriguez

I had a good clear out of rubbish and binned 2 such old devices a couple of weeks ago. I knew I should have kept one!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…