Flatbed Scanner

amonra 15:49 07 Nov 07

Has any member got any views on flatbed scanners, good or bad ?
I am going to treat myself to a new one for Xmas and would like opinions on the various makes on the market. It will be used for most of its time scanning text and the occasional colour photo but I want to start archiving my 35mm colour slides. Having read different sob stories abot the length of time it takes to scan one 35mm slide, the more info I can gather the better. Any useful sites I can visit ?
Price range, about £100 ??? Any ideas ?

john bunyan 21:28 07 Nov 07

I suggest the Epson range. Say the Photo 4490. I use a Canon MP 760 all in one which also scans 35mm., but if you have a printer already a scanner is fine. Details on Epson web site.

jack 08:42 08 Nov 07

Second JB
Epson has the best range IMHO
Scanning slides tends to be done in batches of 4 or more and is very quick.
Check the Epson Web sitre -scanners.
If you have large numbers of slides you may wish to get an auto feed one - though having said that- once you have scanned all your slides the auto bit may then become redundant.

amonra 13:28 08 Nov 07

Thank you jack and john bunyon, I was leaning towards the Epson 4490 but a few PC mag reviews seem to think it was slow, that's why I was hoping for some user comments on this site. I'll tick it as resolved but keep an eye out for more comments.

keef66 17:02 08 Nov 07

Epson 350 is still on the PCPro A list. The recent Canon 8800 also gets a decent review, and you get Photoshop Elements bundled with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…