False roaming message on my Huawei Honor H30-U10

maiduguri 15:36 26 May 15

I bought the above mobile in Abu Dhabi in January and took it back to France where I live. When I got back to France I put in my SFR France sim card and the phone worked well. Two weeks ago I changed from SFR to Virgin Mobile France and since then every time I try to make a call [within France] I get message saying my sim is in roaming mode, and no local sim cards are available. However, roaming is switched off. Virgin Mobile France say it is because my phone is not French made. If that is the case why did the SFR France sim card work normally. Virgin say that to make local calls (calls to French numbers) I should switch roaming on and I will not incur additional costs, and if I use my French sim overseas, I should switch roaming off. However, is there a way to reset the sim to act normally? Can anyone help me with this?

Batch 08:45 27 May 15

"Virgin Mobile France say it is because my phone is not French made" surely most (if not all) phones are made in the Far East?

I would have thought that Roaming relates to the home locale of the SIM, not the phone?

alanrwood 17:54 27 May 15

Batch is correct. They are talking rubbish.

A long shot, does the Abu Dhabi phone support the frequencies used by Virgin France.

Try another sim from another network and see what happens (borrow one from a friend for a couple of minutes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…