Extract audio from a video file

baldyx 22:36 28 Aug 07

I want to extract the audio only from a VIDEO_TS file ,keeping the original quality of the audio in the file.

Please suggest softwares/sharewares for this .
Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:41 28 Aug 07

Audacity click here

will record anything that is played through your speakers

baldyx 23:05 28 Aug 07

Have installed Audacity but no clue as to how to record. I am playing a video in Windows media Player so how do I capture that music?

baldyx 23:51 28 Aug 07

Fruit Bat - I have managed to record a sample audio from a video file by selecting Stereo Mix
but the audio quality is not the same as the original. Any ideas how to rectify this?

jack 17:49 29 Aug 07

What is the file on a DVD/CD?
If so you will need an external player and connect the RAC Audio out via a 3.5mm adapter to your line in- then audacity will come into play

Monoux 20:41 29 Aug 07

Try installing Jet Audio ( Its free ) you can then set this easily to record any sound you hear on the PCs speakers.

baldyx 22:21 29 Aug 07

Jack
The file I used is VIDEO_TS on hard disk of pc.
Monoux
Will try Jet Audio.Thanks

baldyx 21:41 31 Aug 07

Monoux
I have installed the Jet Audio Basic. What I want to know is in the Plus version, would I be able to
trim music ,i.e. set start & end points on a music track, to extract say first 5 minutes worth of music from a 10 minutes track?

Monoux 21:59 31 Aug 07

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question about the plus version as I use the basic one. You can set it to record a given period from the time you click start. Alternatively if you have audacity I believe that will let you trim a sound file as will Nero Wave editor if you have Nero installed

six-h 00:50 03 Sep 07

discovering things!
Recently I wanted to record a sound effect used in one of my programmes, but the .exe file didn't contain any wave files that I could identify and copy.
I found to my surprise that if I invoked the sound effect, I was able to record it using Nero Wave Editor, I was surprised as there was no physical "input source" if you know what I mean.
I would suspect that if the video is on your HD, you would be able to record the soundtrack "Internally" using Nero, as it is virtually the same as what I did.

al7478 18:39 03 Sep 07

there may be something here click here that cam help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…