Expertise required for next phone!! Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Huawei Honor 6?

emmie_lou1107 10:14 14 Apr 15

Hi

I have done a lot of research already and now my brain is full of too much data. 

Ideally I would have liked to buy the Galaxy Note 4, but I am not up for spending that much money at the moment. 

Based on all the specs I have it narrowed down to these two, but would really appreciate others thoughts and opinions.

Thank you in advance for your insights. Emma

emmie_lou1107 23:24 14 Apr 15

My main thoughts are around the clocked speed of the processor and what this means to performance. So whether it is better to have the higher speed of the Krait 400 Quad core or the lower speed of Cortex but with an Octacore.

Secondly, in case it makes a difference in opinion, to balance the cost I am looking at a new Honor 6 but a second hand or refurbished Note 3.

I really would appreciate any help that people are willing to give.

Thank you Emma

lotvic 12:08 15 Apr 15

It's really down to personal choice in the end. Each one has slight differences to balance with what you actually want and feel comfortable with. So read the reviews and benchmarking and go for the one that you feel most suitable for yourself. They all work :)

rickf 14:45 15 Apr 15

My son has a Honar 6 and is extremely pleased with it. Very fast on the internet.It's octa core as opposed to quad core,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…