Exif 2.2 to 2.1

hatrickj 18:15 30 Nov 06

My camera uses Exif 2.2 but mt DVD player outputs JPG pics to Exif 2.1.

Any programs to convert pics from camera to 2.1 available please?

hatrickj 19:40 01 Dec 06

bump

bremner 16:20 02 Dec 06

Exif data is merely tags attached to jpeg files, v2.2 has been around since early 2002. click here

I am unsure why the actual images would not be displayed irrespective of the Exif version.

Are you saying that the images are displayed on the DVD but not the Exif data or that the images are not displayed.

hatrickj 13:21 03 Dec 06

What happens is this. I had several pics of my Indian hols, akk taken with the same camera, and as far as pixel dimensions conforming to the limitationsgiven in the DVD player's handbook. All thse were burnt to the same disk at the same session. Some showed properly, whilst others were repaced with a black X and a message that they could not be viewed. I tried several times with varying burn speeds. It was suggested tha,t posibly although the Exif data was 2.2 in the camera, some pics were showing because the data also conformed to Exif 2.1 specs, the failed ones having extra or invalid in 2.1 data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced