excel master sheet query

peug417 17:38 21 Aug 14

Hi its been 3 years since I posted and looking at the site im not even sure if this is the right forum to post, as i cant see any of my old excel guru's.

But if you don't ask you don't get as they say..

I have a multiple page workbook with several pages of student information of courses and results, I am looking for a way collating all the information from the course tabs onto the front master sheet. The names will always be columns a and b though they may appear in different rows in the course tabs. results achieved will not be in the same columns on each tab either. not sure if a formula would be available but I suspect it may be a vba route any help would be appreciated ..

Woolwell 10:36 22 Aug 14

Tech Helproom is the correct forum. This is mainly TV's and smartphones.

More information is required to help as it is difficult to know what information you require on the master sheet. I think that a relational database may have been a better place to start.

Zak 18:59 24 Aug 14

This may well help you as a starting point:

INDEX and MATCH worksheet functions

A search for Index and Match functions will provide links to tutorials and examples. I have used this function and although it takes time to set up the master sheet and get the syntax and formulas right, especially if nesting the If function, once working it is a breeze. Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5