Epson printer printing gobbledegook

cagey 13:22 08 Feb 08

I have an Epson R300 which has given me excellent service, however it has started playing up. When I print a multi page document, it prints the first 2 pages ok, but then it just starts printing a series of letters, numbers and symbols. I have deleted it and reinstalled, but still get the same results. Does anyone know any solution for this or is it time for it to be recycled and buy a new one?

cagey 13:27 08 Feb 08

Sorry, I realised that I have posted this in the wrong Forum. Have reposted it in Helproom.

cagey 13:28 08 Feb 08

Please ignore my last posting ref reposting.

jack 20:04 08 Feb 08

Not you printer entirely
but the software and the cache memory need increasing.

to do this you will have to investigate 'Print Spooler' in you MS help pages

cagey 23:05 08 Feb 08

Thanks for reply jack, I have tried MS help, which led me into "Set printer server properties" clicked on "advanced" which was to do with "Spooler", but couldn't find any way increase the cache memory as you suggested. Any further help please.

1832bchs 23:43 08 Feb 08

I had this some time ago and it turned out to be a faulty USB cable.

cagey 00:01 09 Feb 08

1832bchs, Tried your possibility and fitted a different USB cable, no difference. More suggestions please.

jack 08:37 09 Feb 08

Try
click here
select the forums pages and enter your computer make model
The question may exist with the answer if not ask it there.
also
click here has a printer forum-
You need to register and all that in each case.

cagey 16:40 10 Feb 08

jack, you put me on the track with your first reply. I went into windows help and typed in "cache memory" it led me through the process and I was able to increase it. Printer appears to be working ok now. Thanks for help. Will consider this one resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5