Emails to mobile phones.

WtheM 11 Nov 07

Hi, is it possible to compose an email on my pc and then forward it to a mobile of my choosing.
Just trying to reduce the cost of my mobile bill.......

Cheers.

Technotiger 11 Nov 07
  Technotiger 11 Nov 07

I think you might like this one ..

click here

WtheM 11 Nov 07

I've been using Dynmark for some time, which I would recommend, but their texts used to cost as little as 5p. Unless you buy a massive amount, you're looking at around the 7p mark, now. Definately easier than messing about with a phone keypad, though!

Technotiger 11 Nov 07

If you have PC Software for your mobile, texting by PC to phone is dead easy.

I have a Nokia and use Nokia PC Suite to write and send texts - as you say, it beats having to operate fiddly phone-pads.

WtheM 11 Nov 07

I can recommend that Dynmark if you ever fancy it. You may get a few free 'uns if you sign up?
However, my original post.....is it not possible to email direct to a mobile? Or possible but not allowed.......!

DieSse 11 Nov 07

"my original post.....is it not possible to email direct to a mobile"

You can only send an email direct to an email account - the question you need answering is "how do I collect/read emails on my mobile phone.

The answer is - it depends if your phone service and phone have this facility - of the facility to log on to the web from your phone and read the emails on webmail.

So look in your phone handbook as to how and if you can set up an email service on your phone.

I'm pretty sure it'll cost you more than SMS.

WtheM 11 Nov 07

DieSse.....that's what I mean. So it's free to send but costs to receive? B*gg*r.

Thanks for all replies.

DieSse 11 Nov 07

Lots of things you can do from your phone at low cost or free here click here

Their email to me includes the phrase "Never pay for text messaging again with Gizmo5" so it might be worth checking out.

Technotiger 11 Nov 07

It is possible and allowed -

click here

as long as the phone has email capabilities.

Not something I would do myself - text messages via pc to phone is my way.

WtheM 11 Nov 07

Technotiger, would you be prepared to say which pc to phone service you use, please?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message