rewop 17:31 PM 31 Mar 12

How can I connect a Motorola VIP1003 STB to a Panasonic DMR-EX77EB DVD Recorder & to a LG 42/47LW54 LCD TV. The STB has a Scart, HDMI & USB ports. The DVD has 2-Scart, an HDMI & various other ports. The TV has a Scart, 2-HDMI & other ports. Any suggestions?

natdoor 11:07 AM 02 Apr 12

I would suggest, based on the information you have provided,that you connect the STB to the DVD recorder by Scart and to the TV by HDMI. Connect the DVD recorder to the TV by HDMI. Check the manuals for further confirmation.

rewop 22:25 PM 02 Apr 12

Thanks natdoor, unfortunately it does not work. Both STB & DVD signals get to the TV via the HDMI connectors, but no signal seems to get across from the STB to the DVD

natdoor 20:48 PM 03 Apr 12

Since the DVD recorder has in-built Freeview, you will be able to receive and record digital channels if you have an antenna connected. This will give you the ability to watch one programme and concurrently record another, without connecting the Motorola STB.

Having scanned the manual, I think that it is only possible to record from the internal HDD to DVD, rather than directly. It should be possile to connect the Motorola by via Scart and record to HDD and thence to DVD, I believe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know