DVD wont playback

mollie38 20:50 PM 12 Aug 11

I had sky installed a few months ago and everything was working fine with my dvd recorder. But today I went to record a film from the planner so after waiting for it to finish I put it on for my granddaughter and there was no sound or picture. I can play dvd's fine they are no problem I have checked the back of the dvd but there is only 1 scart lead connected not sure if thats right or not as the other old box had 2 scarts can anyone help as to why it wont playback. I have a sony tv a sky+ box and a panasonic dmr-es 10eb dvd recorder.

Many thanks

Mollie

onthelimit1 11:37 AM 15 Aug 11

Don't think it's playback that's the problem, more the record. Is this similar to yours link text? If so, check the connections are set up correctly.

natdoor 11:51 AM 15 Aug 11

A Sky+ box will record by means of the EPG (electronic programming guide), which I take you to mean as the planner. If you did this, replay would be from the Hard Drive in the Sky+ box. Did you additionally attempt to make a DVD recording of the same programme on your Panasonic DVD recorder? If so, one of the video inputs to the DVD recorder would need to be connected to the SKY+ box, unless the TV has direct TV record and that was used. Only one Scart would be needed if component or composite video inputs/outputs are connected.

Perhaps you can specify all connections between the Sky+ box, the DVD recorder and the TV with signal flow direction. I believe that Scart 1 is an input and Scart 2 is an output.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites