dvd-rw unfinalized can't play on dvd players

mungylee 10:20 15 Nov 08

i used my dvd recorder to copy a video i made on my camera to a DVD-RW, however my recorder doesn't allow me to finalize it, as the finalise button is disabled (i read on another forum that RWs don't need to be finalised). But now it will not play on normal DVD players or my PC. When trying to rip it to my PC i tells me i can't. (i have also tried copying it from the DVD-rw to DVD-r, but it says the dvd cannot be copied) and the video has been deleted from the camera, the only copy of it is on the DVD-rw. What can i do?

jack 10:38 15 Nov 08

Will not Finalize.
They are designed to be written over after all
Finalize an R type disc CD or DVD

john bunyan 11:07 15 Nov 08

mungylee.
I do not know a) What DVD Recorder you have - on a Pioneer and a Panasonic you can finalise. b) Do you have a DVD copy etc software on your PC? I use Roxio Creator 2009.
I suggest you make a copy of the video from the DVD to your computer hard drive - at least then you have a back up. Then use your PC software (if you have it) to create a finalised disc. can you provide more info? Others may suggest a simpler route!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…