DVD Recording/Playback

Curio 15:15 03 May 09

For the first time ever, I bought some DVD discs (DVD-R) especially to record Das Boot on BBC2 last night. Recording was a complete success, but found I cannot replay the disc on my Laptop. DVD Recorder is a Samsung HDD/DVD and laptop a Dell. Have I missed something or has the Samsung not finished the disc off properly? Playback perfect on the Samsung by the way. Dell is compatible with disc used.

BRYNIT 16:49 03 May 09

The disc may just need finalising.

Unless you have selected to finalise the disc most HDD/DVD recorders do not do this as default. This will allow you to add further recordings until the disc is full once finalised you can not add to the disc.

Curio 17:48 03 May 09

Eventually found Manual and this confirmed what you say. Followed the procedure to finalise, but still unable to play DVD on PC. Will leave it at that.

pchrysler 08:48 04 May 09

It maybe caused by system / software, you can try Recordius click here, it is an advanced and easy to use CD/DVD recording program.

Curio 14:19 04 May 09

Further reading and correction to a bit of finger trouble sorted it. Now readable on PC. Thanks for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…