DVD Recorders

01chris 09:57 18 Apr 06

I have a few questions about DVD recorders (the ones used with a TV, not DVD drives for a PC).

If I use DVD-R's to record onto, could I have more than 1 recording on it?

If I have one that records onto DVD-RW will it erase them as well as write them?

Rigga 11:19 18 Apr 06

In my limited personal experience,

Yes, and Yes.

HTH. R.

01chris 11:27 18 Apr 06

thanks

nanouk 23:26 18 Apr 06

If you want to add to a recording at a later time dont finalise the disc and make sure you have enough space for the addition.

Arnie 12:19 19 Apr 06

01chris.

Yes you can have more than one programme on a DVD/RW.

On my Panasonic DMR-ES10 recorder I can have a number of recordings as long as I don't exceed the 8hrs max recording time.

I can also delete a title from a group of recordings. However, bear in mind that the space the original data occupied is not retrievable until a full erase is carried out.

The above info applies to RAM discs which should be much the same with all makes of RAM compatible recorders.

Hope this helps.

Arnie.

01chris 16:55 19 Apr 06

excellent, thanks everyone

Confab 19:06 19 Apr 06

"I can also delete a title from a group of recordings. However, bear in mind that the space the original data occupied is not retrievable until a full erase is carried out".

Just for the record - some recorders can use this space. If I record say 6 one hour progs on a 6 hour DVD I can delete any number and record over the gap. I can also delete any part of the program and use the space to re-record over.

Confab

Arnie 00:02 21 Apr 06

Thanks for that info, things improve all the time.

kinger 22:13 23 Apr 06

Sony have a DVD recorder out with a HDD built in. It's HD too with a HDMI out socket. DVDHX910

It does all that you wish, and more.

kinger 22:22 23 Apr 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…