dvd recorder/freeview

rambus 21:56 30 May 06

if this has been asked before i appologise, i am seriously considering buying my first dvd hd recorder (liteon). what i would like to know is, can you record freeview channels, my tv has freeview already installed thru its digital tuner. would be grateful for any info , thanks, rambus

De Marcus™ 22:35 30 May 06

Unless your tv outputs the digital TV signal(highly unlikely) you won't be able to record the Freeview channels. A solution might be to purchase a cheap freeview box from the likes of ASDA for twenty odd quid. Or you could buy a recorder which is freeview ready.

Which Liteon model are you thinking of?

rambus 22:56 30 May 06

liteon 5026

De Marcus™ 23:04 30 May 06

This would be the one with 80gb drive and analogue TV Tuner, to record from freeview you'll need to a) follow my suggestion above about purchasing a freeview box or b) buying a DVD recorder with built in freeview tuner.

rambus 11:11 31 May 06

many thanks for all your help

alan9900 12:14 31 May 06

My Panasonic has av2 output which can be switched to output a DVB signal on scart connection this is connected to my Panasonic DVD recorder making it posible to record direct from DVB.So yes it is posible as long as you have the correct outputs from the T.V.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…