DVD recorder wanted

GroupFC 10:28 29 Dec 06

I am in need of some help and advice!

Our VCR has finally given up the ghost and I have decided that what we now need is a DVD recorder and that is where the problem starts – there seems to be an enormous number out there and I am becoming terribly confused!

I had been looking at DVD recorder/VCR combi as this would be a way of getting the VHS tapes onto disc, but despite extensive trawling of the web I haven’t been able to find one that Mrs GroupFC likes the look of!

So now I am looking for a DVD recorder (and a cheap VCR that I can hook up to it to transfer the tapes), and I can’t seem to make up my mind about what to get. I don’t think I need a HDD as we don’t record that much, if anything, from the TV. I think I need an integrated Freeview tuner (that will enable me to get the freeview channels, won’t it?). The budget is up to £200.

Any advice/comments/recommendations will be very much appreciated!

postie24 18:55 29 Dec 06

Here is an excellent dvd recorder click here

As for a video recorder,they are rapidly decreasing in numbers.You should be able to pick one up cheap click here

anchor 16:14 31 Dec 06

Hello GroupFC; Happy New Year!.

If you are still interested in getting a combo unit, and your budget could stretch just a bit, consider the Panasonic DMR-EZ45VEBS, (DVD recorder/VHS combo). £217 here:

click here

details from the Panasonic site:

click here

The Panasonic DMR-EZ25, (not a combo), suggested by postie24 sounds good,

click here

best price I could see: £174 including delivery.

click here

We would all agree that Panasonic make good equipment, but obviously I cannot know if either would please Mrs GroupFC.

On either model, you can record on DVD-RAM, which is highly re-usable.

mymate 19:01 02 Jan 07

They have got half price dvd recorders in Superdrug of all places ! £40 instead of £80

FatboySlim71 23:31 02 Jan 07

I have wrote a review on the Panasonic DMR EX85 and I can highly recommend it, its a fantastic machine I can not think of one thing that could have been improved, its perfect. My review also applies to the cheaper model the DMR EX75 which is identical apart from it has a smaller capacity hard disk drive.

click here

jakimo 12:12 06 Jan 07

Argos Clearence wharehouses are selling the Panasonic DMR-EZ25 for £149.99 and the DMR-ES20D for £89.99, both have freeview

anchor 10:53 18 Jan 07

Hello GroupFC:

Have you come to any conclusions yet?.

GroupFC 15:22 19 Jan 07

I am leaning towards the Panasonic EZ25, but I am awaiting final approval(!), and for the finances to recover a little from the Xmas hits!!

Mind you perhaps I should have just gone ahead a bought it as your link seems to have gone up £16!

anchor 16:35 20 Jan 07

Group FC:

Amazon currently have it at £176, (I don`t know about p/p charges)

click here

Dixon`s on-line is £176, incl: p/p

Digital Empire`s price is £175, incl: p/p.

click here

I don`t know anything about the Argos clearance warehouse, but their store price is £230; but you do get a half price Scart lead - big deal!.

anchor 16:39 20 Jan 07

Forgot to include the Dixon`s on-line link

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…