DVD Recorder problem - only in black & white

tangledown 17:38 17 Dec 05

I have a Pioneer DVD Recorder which was working perfectly before I went away. Came home to find it now only plays in black and white and all the menu screens are also in balack and white. Not sure if I've pressed a wrong button or if it was something to do with a power cut when I was away. Hope someone can help as I'm tearing my hair out!

anskyber 18:28 17 Dec 05

It is possible that the recorder to tv set up has changed. Go into the menu of both and check that they are both set to RGB for the AV output input you are using. If you are not using RGB and are using say S video then again ensure compatibility.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:32 17 Dec 05

Also check output is PAL nd not set to NtsC

amonra 19:39 17 Dec 05

Check the tuning, if the tuner has drifted off slightly then you could lose some of the chroma signal.

BRYNIT 09:44 18 Dec 05

If DVD recorder is connected to TV is via a scart lead. Check that the scart lead is connected correctly. Take scart lead out of DVD and TV then reconnect making sure leads are secure. If this does not work try another lead.

tangledown 09:26 19 Dec 05

Brilliant - thanks. It was the AV - I had not pressed the AV button. Many thanks for all the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…