DVD but no TV

Kenneth-266656 16:39 19 Oct 05

Friends of mine,who don't have a TV (and don't wish to have one!),are looking for a DVD player and a TFT monitor that will link together
without modification,so they can view commercial DVD's - films, shows etc. Any ideas please I don't know if such a set up exists.

lmhillyard 20:03 19 Oct 05

You can buy integral tv/dvd players with the dvd drive behind a flat screen.
Or buy a TFT with a scart input and connect that way
Richer sounds is a good place to start

DieSse 22:24 19 Oct 05

"Or buy a TFT with a scart input"

But that will almost certainly be classed as a TV, and thus they would need a TV licence. If they don't mind paying the TV licence, then any TV would do!

DieSse 22:32 19 Oct 05

click here this moniotr, equipped with s-video and component video inputs, would not be classed as a TV. Couple this with a DVD plyer with s-video and/or component outputs รง(most of them), and they would have a system not capable of receiving broadcasts, yet able to play DVDs.

I'm sure there are more such monitors out there - do a google search with a phrase like *** tft monitor composite video inputs uk *** to find more.

Kenneth-266656 22:43 20 Oct 05

Many thanks Imhillyard and DieSse - this info has put me on the right track to recommend them what to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value โ€“ with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…