Dust in digital cameras

andrew43 19:58 23 Mar 06

Can anyone tell me just how much of a problem dust in a digital SLR is?
Can it be got out easely or is it back to factory?
Thinking of buying Canon 350
Thanks
Mark

ade.h 20:27 23 Mar 06

Most decent D-SLRs have a dust filter that is removable and/or cleanable. The 350D is equipped with a fixed filter.

hssutton 23:33 23 Mar 06

Only the Olympus has a dust filter, but to answer your question, dust is a minor problem, if it's just a couple of specks, then it's quite easy to remove during editing.

If the problem is more severe, it's quite simple to clean the sensor, maybe a little nerve wracking the first time, but it is really childs play. There are a number of cleaning methods/tools available, costing from £30 upwards.

I use a plastic spatular which is the correct size for the Canon, on the end of this I use a "Pec-Pad" with just two drops of "Eclipse Fluid" If you click here then look under "Cleaning Equipment/CCD Cleaning" you will see the various methods. Digi-Pads seem to be the favourite, but many more products are becoming available

hssutton 23:36 23 Mar 06

Should have mentioned, in the three years of owning two DSLRs I've cleaned them both about 4/5 times

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…