Duplicate Tracks In Media Player

SteevScotland 13:36 21 May 06

I've some how ended up with loads of duplicate music tracks. This is annoying when the media library lists the same track 4 or 5 times. Is there a quick and easy way to remove the duplicate files or will i have to go through them and delete them manually? I hope not as I have thousands of tracks.

Cheers S

ade.h 15:40 21 May 06

It sounds like the library may be cross-referencing the data in either the tags of the advanced properties (the former is accessed only through WMP or 3rd-party software, while the latter is reached from a right-click of each file). The tag would be the number one culprit as it contains a lot of extra data fields.

ade.h 15:41 21 May 06

...either the tags of the advanced properties...
should have read "...tags OR advanced properties..."

SteevScotland 11:19 22 May 06

Hi I think it might be the library cross-referencing for a lot of the duplicates but I've just looked the my music folder and I actually have loads of duplicate files in there to. The strange thing is every duplicate copy has the exact same file name.

Cheers S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…