Downloading pictures from camera to DVD using DVD

BingoBoy 16 Jun 10

I have recently purchased a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ38 which also takes HD Movies. I also have a Panasonic DMR-EX77EB hard disc DVD recorder and am trying to find out in easy terms how I can use the recorder to download the pictures and movies onto a disc so I can keep my SDHC relatively clear.

I have noted from the 206 page manual that the camera does have an optional HDMI mini cable so would it be worth investing in this in order to get HD movies off the card onto a disc?

Do I need to invest in a special type of DVD in order to get the HD benefit - if so any suggestions as to make?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Strawballs 17 Jun 10

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think you will need Blue Ray recorder to get benefit of the HD

BRYNIT 21 Jun 10

The HDMI will only allow you to connect the camera to a TV to allow you to view the HD movies it will not allow you to connect to your Hard Drive DVD recorder. If you look through the manual it will tell you how You can transfer files/movies from your camera to your Hard Drive DVD recorder but you will not be able to transfer HD movies. You can transfer the HD movie files from you SDHC card to your computer to save/view.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message