Dongle usage

aboutit 10:49 AM 01 Aug 09

need explanation If I get a mobile broadband dongle with 3GB usage per month what exactle does this mean.If I plug the dongle into my laptop and connect but don`t go on any sites or email do I use any of the 3GB if I go onto the internet to browse for an hour how much usage, if I go to emails and read plus send 2 or 3 mail for an hour how much uasge. sorry if this sounds stupid but i just don`t know thankyou

dagnammit 22:04 PM 01 Aug 09

click here

Just to repeat the link.... approximately 42,000 web pages or 630 songs.

Or Vodafone's sums say this: "You could surf for 100 hours, send 2000 e-mails and download 200 music tracks and 100 video clips."

from click here

dagnammit 22:08 PM 01 Aug 09

Just make sure your firewall is upto date to stop automatic updates of your programs & OS. Best doing that via a home broadband connection.

Forum Editor 23:58 PM 01 Aug 09

which I use with a laptop. The dongle comes with its own connection software that monitors your usage and keeps a weekly/monthly/annual running total, so you know exactly where you are.

I imagine all mobile dongles have a similar system.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites