Does Xbox 360 audio out via RCA need amplifier?

aca 11:15 09 Feb 14

I have tried to plug RCA audio output from Xbox 360 (using to play streamed media) into PC speakers (Cambridge Soundworks THX 250D)but cant get any sound out. Do I need to put through an amplifier.

If yes any suggestions for a budget option that would allow me also to put through RCA output from my Humax Foxat (and switch between two)would be welcome.

many thanks

aca 12:45 09 Feb 14

Looking at the manual my sound system is amplified. So not sure what the issue is. When connected via RCA to my stereo hifi I get sound from Xbox fine.

alanrwood 09:12 11 Feb 14

The RCS output is not intended to feed speakers but is an output to feed an amplifier

imendpc 10:03 23 Mar 14

On your Cambridge Soundworks THX 250D test the audio input jack with an MP3 player or some other audio source to ensure Cambridge Soundworks THX 250D works. If it does then the XBox RCA audio output would work without an amplifier as the Cambridge Soundworks THX 250D already has a built in amplifier. Then if no sound it is a case of looking up the configuration settings on your Xbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…