does anyone know of a search engine that will give me the listening url of digital/internet radio stations?

theDarkness 03 May 10

Im after a website that can list the http internet addresses for radio stations I search for, in order to listen via the web (eg so I can add the address to my digital radio application in order to listen).
Im sure some pc applications for net radio may have a built in search feature, but my phones internet radio application does not, so I wondered if there were any websites that could simply list a stations http address for listening, if the station offers net radio access. Being able to search for stations worldwide by typing in a city would also be a bonus, but I dont know if there are any sites out there that can do this? thanks for any info

Forum Editor 03 May 10
  morddwyd 04 May 10

Reciva offers search by location, but only at country level.

Also relatively easy to copy the URLs.

morddwyd 04 May 10

Frontier Silicon is another good portal, and much easier to copy and paste URLs

theDarkness 04 May 10

thanks for all the tips - I was using google, but for radio search sites I guess I just wasnt entering the correct terms! ;) its easy enough to find/listen to stations, not so easy to simply find a site that will list only the listening urls! since I wanted the urls (mainly) for my mobile phone, I didnt want to have to download additional software either

thanks! ;)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message