divx/xvid player - budget model that doesnt jump?

theDarkness 12:41 PM 23 Feb 10

can anyone recommend a reasonable quality divx/xvid player that doesnt jump/be all jerky on high bitrate video? I encoded alot of short videos to xvid (from a relatives rubbish phone). The quality was good for the final dvd-r with all the videos in folders, but my philips divx player will jump on a few, whilst others are perfect-and i really dont want to re-encode! my friends player plays them no problem, but he's ran off and i cant find out the make. i think most are fairly cheap now, so does anyone have a player that plays every avi file ever thrown at it, and can recommend it? thanks. I think I asked this before but ended up with another rubbish philips model, lol, perhaps their newer models are better, but I need proof, lol

thanks for any help

Al94 17:47 PM 23 Feb 10

This will do your job and very inexpensive click here, I have a previous version of this and have had no issues - remote was a bit tacky but at the price its ok

theDarkness 13:14 PM 25 Feb 10

I think the jerking was my fault really, never sticking to the same program when converting videos from phone or camera, but its impossible to work out what bitrates a player will start jumping at, as each player is different. I will probably give the old philips player away- although its remote was pretty decent, lol ;) thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 4K screen is purpose-built for showcasing digital art

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know