Digital world MMmmmm, pick a box !!!!

Jpeg6785 22:18 10 Apr 08

Are you a person like me who has found of late that when you make a purchase you stand in front of a pile of boxed super duper hardware, and try to pick one out that you are not going to have problems with!!!, seriously, sad I know but I always seem to manage to pick the box with the item that ultimately needs returning. Everything Ive had over the last 12mths theres something wrong with it, and no I'm not one of those fussy people before you ask.

This thread is a little bit of a rant and not much use, but I would say that I'm at the forefront of technology you name it i've got it or had it, but probably thats whats wrong.

My lad went into his bedroom tonight to watch a video, VCS!! put it in and played it, I wish everything was like that.....

I've been asking myself tonight is it really all worth it!!!! come home tonight and the all singing dual core £1200+ Vista system wouldnt even go onto the net, so I phoned up my mother with a £50.00 computer I bought off ebay the other week for her with the same ISP to check "yes you tubes on no problem"... I bet all those with 98SE OS are flying like a bomb....

Stuartli 00:05 11 Apr 08

Only a Dual Core computer system yet costing £1,200+...:-)

Jpeg6785 09:27 11 Apr 08

Are you implying that for a high end (Last Years technology prices! remember) E6750, twin 640mb 8800GTS SLI system with 22" fast response gaming monitor and raptor drives wasnt worth it????, obviosuly you do not consider possible spec and depreciation ;-)

Paid 299.00 for an XBOX360 elite before christmas the same package is now £249.00 but I still paid £300.00 for it regardless, and yes I had to take the first one back due to the fact it scored and wrecked a disc which was my initial point about technology today.

Stuartli 09:30 11 Apr 08

>>obviosuly you do not consider possible spec and depreciation ;-)>>

The specifications were not originally listed...:-)

It's true that the PC system you buy today is already yesterday's technology.....:-(

jack 11:56 11 Apr 08

If always look for last weeks techno., when I very occasionally allow my self an indulgence.

Like motor cars the outgoing models should have had the bugs knocked out and are being knocked out at proper prices to clear the shelves.

;-)

rdave13 22:33 11 Apr 08

The wonders of technology....I wonder. You have my sympathy.

Stuartli 23:33 11 Apr 08

>>You have my sympathy.>>

The obvious question is why?

It's long been known that whatever you buy today computer wise is old hat next day...:-)

The skill is in buying something that will last for somewhat longer than might be expected - quad core processors seem to be a good example.

rdave13 01:17 12 Apr 08

You state the obvious. We all know that technology moves on the instant we buy a new supadupa PC. Take my laptop for instance, (I wouldn't) has a Intel Celeron M CPU 430 @ 1.73Ghz, upgraded the ram to 2GB.
Works perfectly with Vista SP1.
Luck of the Irish maybe me old synical mate..? :-))

ICF 09:55 12 Apr 08

Jpeg6785 said:-

"Everything Ive had over the last 12mths theres something wrong with it, and no I'm not one of those fussy people before you ask."

The last thing I purchased was a Zen mp3 player. I had to send it back to Ebuyer.So no your not alone in getting the faulty tech kit.

Yes I to have also tried to select the boxed item that is not faulty Sad I know!

Stuartli 10:54 12 Apr 08

>>You state the obvious>>

No I didn't.

I actually wrote: "It's long been known that whatever you buy today computer wise is old hat next day...:-)"

Based on your logic, the comment: "We all know that technology moves on the instant we buy a new supadupa PC." is equally, if not more so, in view of your first statement...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced